October 02, 2008

Grateful

I have found that it is really easy to get worn out and put down by the troubles and burdens in life. Lately I have been focusing on everything I'm not, everything I don't have and everything that I can't do. What am I thinking?? I am so truly blessed!! I have a wonderful, caring, patient husband who is always there for me. We both have our wonderful parents and siblings who are so supportive and caring. I have my wonderful, puppy who brings so much happiness into our home. I have the gospel which gives me faith to go on. I have the wonderful blessing of attending BYU and working towards my degree. I have a wonderful job that I love and that helps our family. The list could go on and on but, I have realized that I need to start focusing on the tremendous blessings in my life and not the burdens.
I love this quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley and I think it ties into exactly what I need to start focusing on:) Enjoy!

“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith in the future. The Lord will not forsake us . . . if we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.”

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Maranda, sounds like you're growing and learning!! Hang in there!

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After