January 15, 2013

Homemade Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

It's that time of year where it is always good to have some homemade chicken noodle soup on hand. I LOVE this recipe. I always make a bunch and then freeze some so if anyone is sick or under the weather I have it on hand.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 lbs chicken
4 cups water
4 cups chicken broth
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small onion chopped
1 carrot chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
1/4 cups parsley chopped
1/2 tsp basil
1 bay leaf
6 ounces noodles (I like whole wheat)

Preparation:
Place all ingredient in crockpot except noodles. cover and cook on low 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and baby leaf. Dice chicken (mine usually just falls a part and shreds which I like better:) Return chicken to broth and add noodles. Cook an hour on low or 30 minutes on high until noodles are soft.

I got this image from google because I totally spaced taking my own but this is pretty close:)
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After