July 05, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are the best cookies and I get requests for them all the time!!

Ingredients:

- 2 cups minus 2 Tbsp of flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour ( I only use all purpose flour)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp course salt ( I use regular table salt, the course salt made it to salty for me:)
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalts butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips (I eyeball it)

Sift flowers, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside. Using a mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy - about 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla. Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Baking at 350. Spoonfuls for 10-12 minutes. You can refrigerate the dough for 24-36 hours.



No comments:

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After