September 19, 2011

Favorite Football Treat


I know everyone has had Muddy Buddies before but, just in case anyone needed the recipe here it is! I love making this for football games because it is super easy, most the ingredients you already have and everyone LOVES it! We made it for the BYU vs. Utah game (which I don't even want to talk about...) and I am realizing I should have doubled it....:)

9 Cups Chex Mix Cereal (I use the Corn Chex)
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar (sometimes I'll add more I just eyeball it)

Into large bowl measure cereal.
Microwave chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter uncovered on high for one minute.
Stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until smooth.
Stir in vanilla and pour mixture over cereal until evenly coated.
Pour in powdered sugar and mix until evenly coated.
Let cool.
I store mine in the fridge until right before serving and I put some more powdered sugar on right before serving.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Best thing ever! Muddy buddies make me feel at home, so I make them a lot around the holidays.

The Murphy's said...

These are Danny's favorite. He is always asking to make them. One year that was our holiday treat to give everyone and it was a big hit.

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After