November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and more!

Thanksgiving was wonderful and full of brand new experiences for Adam and I. This was our first Thanksgiving where everything we made was from scratch and it was just the two of us in charge. Needless to say we were a little nervous but everything was perfect! Adam took care of the giblets in the turkey because I nearly puked. We soaked the turkey in sage, butter, maple syrup and threw some onions in the turkey bag with it. I made funeral potatoes, brown-sugared carrots, rolls, and home made apple pie with so much more! Finally, 4:15 rolled around and our family came! Jennika and Zach came over for dinner and Kendra came over for desert.

Following dinner my we headed to see the new movie "Four Christmases". It was incredible but it provided some good laughs. What a wonderful and new experience this Thanksgiving has been for us! I am so grateful for the many blessings I have in my life.

No comments:

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After