July 19, 2008

Remember Thailand


I was realizing that it was 3 years ago this summer that I spent some time in Thailand. I went over to help in tsunami relief and the experience has completely changed my life forever. I was humbled and full of gratitude for the wonderful blessings we have here in America and in the gospel. It was really hard work but if given the opportunity I would do it again in a heart beat!!Absolutely amazing waterfall!Laem pom is the village we worked in. We helped them rebuild their homes up from nothing.This was our transportation through the jungle up to the waterfall. You would be surprised at how hairy these animals are:)Boat ride through the jungle.

3 comments:

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

Ah don't you just miss it! I so wish I could go back to Africa, or at least somewhere that I can serve like that again! It would be so neat to go with my hubby now!

Wilde ones said...

Wow - this makes me realize that there's a lot I don't know about you. What an amazing experience that must have been. Now I'm extra bummed that you won't be in NY at the same time as us. Our house here is always open. You may want to check out Texas when you tired of the freezing weather midwinter and it's 70 degrees here.

Wilde ones said...

I'm tagging you both. If you don't feel like being tagged, I won't be offended. If you do want to be tagged, check out my blog and see what you need to do. Love you guys!

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After